9 replies to this topic

#1 MrSaibot

Space Captain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:35 PM

Please remove this thread, I decided to mange the ideas in more, big threads!

----------------------------------------------------

This list will become longer and more organized in time.
Here are some ideas:

Character and profiles:
-) Unique mapped controls per profile
-) Character selection screen (every char has advantages and disadvantages [parameters and special abbilities]
-) Custom chars (spending points for a limited amount of parameters or special abilities]
-) Leaderboards (local and online)

Other:
-) Select NPC difficulty and general difficulty

I'll add much more to this list as more ideas flow into my brain.
If you want, I'll add your ideas too! Post them in this thread and they'll get added to the list and you get credited too.

Now, what do you think about all this?

Edited by Tobias, 12 April 2012 - 05:42 PM.

View PostPuffdot, on 14 November 2012 - 02:17 PM, said:

I'm going to buy a 3D printer, print more 3D printers, sell them and become the richest man ever in the history of 3D printing.
Not that I would need the money, as I would be fine in my printed house, with my printed wife and family, eating printed food.

#2 chaospuppy

Space Captain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationUK/London

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

There actuly is a little character customiation. Log into your profile then hit escape and there should be an option to change your colours.
Posted Image
If I helped make sure to like! Also check out the Tips 'n' Tricks page.

#3 conantheimp

Space Captain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Locationthe Moon

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:49 AM

Character select and custom controls exist. But custom controls only give you 2 choices per control type, so I guess that still needs work....

#4 MrSaibot

Space Captain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:50 AM

View Postchaospuppy, on 11 April 2012 - 09:25 PM, said:

There actuly is a little character customiation. Log into your profile then hit escape and there should be an option to change your colours.

I mean customiation like spending points for parameters or special abilities.

View Postconantheimp, on 12 April 2012 - 02:49 AM, said:

Character select and custom controls exist. But custom controls only give you 2 choices per control type, so I guess that still needs work....

I mean making more presets so if e.g. 4 Players are using 4 Xbox controllers, and everyone wants different controls, thats not possible as is.

I'm going to buy a 3D printer, print more 3D printers, sell them and become the richest man ever in the history of 3D printing.
Not that I would need the money, as I would be fine in my printed house, with my printed wife and family, eating printed food.

#5 Nameisnotname

Awesome to the MAX!

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 1178 posts
  • LocationLurking

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:08 AM

View PostTobias, on 12 April 2012 - 05:50 AM, said:

I mean customiation like spending points for parameters or special abilities.

The community is, on the whole, against spending points or any sort of currency to buy anything that gives you a gameplay advantage (aside of course from buying weapons from the ingame vendors). Cosmetic awards are much better.
My Music! | My Maps! | I could fill my signature with butts. Others will look up and shout "No more butts!"... and I'll look down and whisper "No."
Spoiler

#6 MrSaibot

Space Captain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:15 AM

View PostNameisnotname, on 12 April 2012 - 08:08 AM, said:

The community is, on the whole, against spending points or any sort of currency to buy anything that gives you a gameplay advantage (aside of course from buying weapons from the ingame vendors). Cosmetic awards are much better.

No, Not like this, you are missunserstanding.
Theese points would only exist in the character creation screen.
like, you have 4 unspent points and 3 Parameter slots and 2 special ability slots.
Now you can ether spent the points for 3 parameters and 1 SA, or vice versa.

It is really hard to describe in words, ill Post a picture of my concept as a drawing as soon as I am Home again.

#7 gonarr

Knight of Light

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationStanding in the Light, discovering madness.

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:14 PM

why does everyone want those stupid skills.. .__.
It would destroy the gameplay... :(

View PostNameisnotname, on 06 March 2014 - 12:31 AM, said:

Because he's the poster that Cobalt Forum deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So he'll lurk. Because he can take it. Because he's not our poster. He's a silent lurker. A watchful protector. A dark gonarr.

#8 Puffy

raise your puffs ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:53 PM

I'm not saying that I fully support this, but improvements/skills could work. Maybe trade off some reload speed for bigger magazines, or increasing accuracy at the cost of fire-rate.

Classes could be another option, as in a light-weight fast class without the ability to use anything but Slugger weapons... or a heavy class with an improved shield belt and some extra health regeneration, with reduces speed and jump height.

I must say I kind of like my first proposal, but it's really not necessary - Cobalt is a game of skill! :D
Disclaimer: I should not be taken seriously in any circumstance, ever. Seriously :v
Posted Image

#9 MrSaibot

Space Captain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:41 PM

PLEASE ROMOVE THIS THREAD NOW, REASON IN OP,

EDIT:

View PostPuffdot, on 12 April 2012 - 01:53 PM, said:

I'm not saying that I fully support this, but improvements/skills could work. Maybe trade off some reload speed for bigger magazines, or increasing accuracy at the cost of fire-rate.

Classes could be another option, as in a light-weight fast class without the ability to use anything but Slugger weapons... or a heavy class with an improved shield belt and some extra health regeneration, with reduces speed and jump height.

I must say I kind of like my first proposal, but it's really not necessary - Cobalt is a game of skill! :D

That is pretty much how I imagned the system!

#10 conantheimp

Space Captain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Locationthe Moon

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:18 PM

Yeah, it is a game of skill. I still think they should at least experimentwith making separate "classes" or something. Like my ideas from more metal bodies. At least a mod or something.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users