Help

General Ideas

7 replies to this topic

Poll: General Ideas (6 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you agree?

1. Yes Completely. (2 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. Yes but I differ slightly. (3 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

3. You raise a good point, but I disagree. (1 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

4. No, Absolutely not. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Beefyrulz

Metalface

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:49 AM

The game is good and all, and I understand it's most likely meant to be challenging, but for new players, the game should not be this hard. First thing's first, Bots have no difficulty setting so as of now, New players are going against, what may as well be, Pro players, making it rather difficult to practice and get used to controls. Next, I know the game is supposed to be rather centered around Rolling, but I almost feel as though regular movement may as well be obsolete, considering more than 90% of my gameplay is spamming the Z key. On one final note, Survival is rather fast paced, more so in a literal sense. Before a player can even go out and shoot a couple mushroom guys, they get rushed by several Robots with their own guns, which in itself isn't too challenging to over-come. However considering you're practically forced to use the Matter prototype, since it's most effective at quickly clearing low level enemies, including robots, It just feels too "Grind-y", and I just feel like i'm in a rut. Ok so my point is, don't make the Mushrooms, Birds, Porcupine, and robots all spawn on the first wave, stretch it out a little, maybe at the 3rd or 4th wave, just not the 1st wave. Maybe mushrooms and birds first wave, Mushrooms birds and porcupines 2nd, and all the critters and robots on the 3rd, 4th and so on.

(P.S. It's not that i'm bad at the game, i'm actually not half bad, but for NEW players, I can completely see how this would frustrate and turn away potential buyers.)

Overview:
Add AI difficulty setting
Attempt to get away from Roll based gameplay just a little bit
Draw out Survival slightly more
(On a quick side note) More maps, as i'm more than certain you're already working on.
-Beefyrulz
"I'm not racist, I hate everybody the same."

#2 Oys

Space Captain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 459 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:38 AM

Some great ideas you have there, totally agree! :)
Posted Image

What is your favorite map? Vote over here http://www.cobaltfor...r-favorite-map/

#3 Gassaroth

Space Captain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:27 AM

So if there was actually a difficulty setting, which could make the initial rounds easier or harder

#4 Basmal

Space Captain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:33 AM

This game is pretty easy to learn after a day or less of playing.

#5 spogjem

Metalface

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:22 PM

I agree with the first, third and forth ideas. The game is still in early stages, so we can expect to see the content fleshed out a lot more. I don't entirely agree with the second idea, the game is more or less based around the rolling mechanic, moving away from that could make the rolling action feel unneeded. If you are sick of spamming the 'Z' key all the time, try playing Blaster Ballet.

Other than that, these are some great General Ideas.

#6 NDest

Metalface

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:40 PM

In my experience, the game was really hard in the begging, but if you have a 360 controller like me, you just need to remember the controls, and after some practice the game gets pretty interesting

Posted Image

#7 pwajnkaim

Space Captain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 04:17 PM

but we all started out bad. The devs do agree the connection between the tutorial and the actual gameplay is too drastic and they will spread it out a little.
Also not everyone starts out with the matter prototype. There are a couple good weapons in the shop as well.
Posted Image

#8 darkozzyman

Space Captain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed

Posted 28 December 2011 - 05:22 PM

You're not forced to use the matter prototype at all. You just use it because you're a noob and you cant get over losing a few times because your gun isnt good enough. Its probaby the only reason you survive the first 5 waves. I actually use the slugger revolver because it's cheap, and I do very well with it. But you're Ideas might interest a few players, But personally I think the game is completely fine as is. Although, I do like your AI idea... Maybe I could make the ninjas.. more ninja-y...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users